Friday, July 12, 2013

Tropical Depression

1. What I did was to study about the Tropical Depression and other things has connection with tropical depression.

2. I learned how to identify if there is tropical depression and identify them by their intensity.

  • Tropical Depression - an organized system of clouds and thunderstorms with a defined, closed surface circulation and maximum sustained winds of less than 34 knots (39 mph). It has no eye.
  • Tropical Storm - an organized system of strong thunderstorms with a defined surface circulation and maximum sustained winds between 34 knots (39 mph) and 64 knots (74 mph). The eye is not usually present.
  • Hurricane or Typhoon - a system with sustained winds of at least 34 meters per second or 74 miles per hour (119 km/h). The eye is often visible and it is surrounded by eyewall.
3. I can apply my learning to my daily life when there is storm that I heard in weather forecast I can easily define if it is Tropical Depression, Tropical Storm or Hurricane/Typhoon. 

Tropical Depression

No comments:

Post a Comment